We are currently looking for a Mental Health Coordinator (PRN) to plan and provide clinical mental health services of a non-medical nature in the facility.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a review of available records and clinical interviews with inmates.
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health care record for each person seen.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and information at all times.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and crisis interventions to address the needs of inmates.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree in Social work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or a degree in a related clinical area.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience which includes two (2) years in a comparable job position required.
- Must possess current LPC, LMFT or LCSW licensing in the state where practice occurs.
- A valid driver's license is preferred unless required by contract or applicable statute.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.